Friday 26 August 2011

god's plans, nooooooo!!

heey!
last night at youth group we were talking about who we are becoming and god's plans for our lives. this is a topic that i had been avoiding. truthfully, i have almost been avoiding talking to god about my future because i was scared he'd tell me to do something that i didn't want to do. let's face it, i don't want to be sent to a far off country like egypt by myself, trying to teach christianity to muslims and having my life put at risk. it doesn't really tickle my pickle. i also don't really fancy being a nurse. i hate blood and disease and that doesn't really sail my whale either. essentially, i was scared that god would choose the thing that i least wanted to do and make me do it. no wonder i was scared.
last night was a fabulous night. god showed me that i had certain passions and talents for a reason, because he gave them to me. and he did have plans for me, but it was going to be better than anything i could have planned for myself, because he was going to utilize my loves and passions and gifts. he wants me to be doing what he designed me to be doing, which also happens to be what i love.
this way, we can be sure that the things we are doing because we love them are also probably what god wants us to be doing, unless you feel guilt doing them. god has instilled us each with some of his own passions and gifts, they have literally come from god. so now, like me, you can relax, knowing that wherever your future leads you, god will meet you there and fill you with life. what you love, you love for a reason. so keep doing it!
*prayer for this week*- that god might give you clarity as to where your gifts and talents lie, and that you won't be nervous or anxious about your future but instead you will rest easy, trusting that god knows what h's doing.

hope you are all well!
god bless,
love oliveanddaisy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment