Sunday 21 August 2011

on sunday, the fool was forgiven,

hello lovelies,

it feels like it's been a while! i hope you are all well :)
i had an amazing experience yesterday, i didn't expect it and i totally didn't think that it would turn out like it did.
see, for almost a year i have been a very silly girl. and stubborn, don't forget stubborn. foolish, you might like to call it.
i suppose you want to know what i'd done? sorry, classified information. but i will tell you that i had pretty much let go of one of the best things i'd ever had and tried to convince myself that i hadn't and that i knew what i was doing. but i didn't. and on wednesday, i realised that i was a silly silly girl. it's almost like when you'd been spelling the same word wrong for ages without realising that it was spelled wrong.

this foolish behaviour caused me to come crawling back to a friend with my tail between my legs, in fact, i'm pretty sure i was shaking, and say 'i'm sorry, you were right, i am a foolish little girl.' i honestly thought that they would play it a bit and have a little bit of a laugh, maybe tease me, because they knew they were right all along. but no, none of that. they took me in and loved me, even though i was possibly the biggest goose in the world.
this has been one of the best illustrations of god's love for me that i have experienced in a long time. even though he knew he was right, he still showed me more love than i would have ever hoped for. i didn't expect him to, but he showed me an overwhelming amount of grace and forgiveness. no judgement, just pure, raw love.
it's so comforting to know that as soon as we ask god for forgiveness, everything we've done is forgiven. this experience has truly helped me to understand god's love and mercy for us, and how much we need god's forgiveness. we are blessed to have a god that forgives us so freely, just like my friend did yesterday.

let's all be good examples of god's forgiveness this week, just like my amazing friend. let's shine a little bit of god's light, and show others the pure, raw love that god can give them.

*prayer for the week*- let's pray this week that god will help us to know what real forgiveness and pure love looks like, and that we might be able to put it into practice in our own lives.

i hope you have a lovely week :)
god bless,

oliveanddaisy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment