Monday 5 September 2011

god's quirks?

heey everyone :)

i was having a conversation with a friend over coffee and i briefly mentioned how odd i was. let's face it, i am a quirky person. i collect owls, i hate people to touch my ears, i watched bride wars 4 times in two days (today and yesterday, yes, that recent), i have wonky teeth and i like to brush my tongue, the list goes on.
although i call this weird, he called it character. it's funny, i had put them down to 'defects'. like there was something wrong with me. something odd and quirky that only i had because i was weird.
note: the negative connotations associated with being quirky. he made me think about something that hadn't previously occurred to me. maybe it's been given to me by god, because it really is part of my character. maybe god is obsessed with owls, and so passed that on to me. maybe he also likes to have a clean tongue, and i inherited that. maybe god too is completely obsessed with the whole idea of marriage and a wedding and so wanted me to share in that delight!
cool, huh. maybe they're not 'defects', but they're given to me specifically because god wanted me to share in his delight too! what are you're odd quirks? a friend i know sticks out his tongue when he concentrates. another friend doesn't like things around her neck. another friend acts like a cat. another keeps socks or shoes on all the time, for fear she may get dirty feet. i want to suggest to you that these are not bad things, and in fact, they are probably quite good things! think about what your quirks are, and get a better idea of the character that god made you to be.

god bless,

oliveanddaisy xx

1 comment:

  1. Lets just hope I don't bite my tongue off in doing so!

    Great post, and it is true, we should all be glad of every part of our body, God never makes mistakes.

    ReplyDelete