Wednesday 19 October 2011

refresher.

hello there, my beloved readers!

i know, you are missing my blogging, my wise words of encouragement, my stories, yes yes yes. i'm joking, but i am sorry for not blogging for so long. as most of you know, i have spent the land month in 3 foreign countries, italy, greece and egypt, travelling, learning, exploring, sightseeing and people watching. what is people watching? watching people. it's my new hobby. i spent so much time just watching how different people behaved and soaking up their culture. in rome, i people watched the roman women and willed myself to transform into some gorgeous, dark, long legged, skinny girls. it didn't happen, but it was fun to watch them. they even wear stilettos on the beach! funny..

so, over he next few weeks, i will be telling you stories from my trip. i will pass on stories i've been told and information i've learnt and hopefully you can soak up as much of it as you can. i hope i tell it all right! something that really struck me was that god isn't just MY god. he's not a god for today, yesterday or tomorrow. he's not king over manly, sydney, nsw or even australia. he doesn't only speak to me and my friends but he speaks to nonna's in pompeii, teenagers in greece and toddlers in egypt too. he is active in all parts of the world and i can't comprehend it because my peanut brain is a bit too small to understand, although this trip has broadened my mind and my knowledge to all sorts of aspects of my god that i didn't know before.

i climbed mt vesuvius, got to the top (puffing and panting) and realised that god made this massive mound. i saw the how he had instilled humans with knowledge and power and determination and that the ancient egyptians knew that they could do anything they set their minds too. i saw so many weird and wonderful things and saw how diverse the earth was, and that my god had made it all! i saw heiroglyphics and paintings on the walls of tombs and read the ancient egyptians creation stories and saw that god was working in them and speaking to them! but i will tell you all that in good time!

mr smith, your postcard is in the mail and you should be receiving it shortly!

wel, i am jetlagged and too tired to type right now, but please do look forward to some... interesting... stories that i have learned during my time overseas and be glad that my trip really was a refresher, and now i'm back feeling better that ever! or at least i will be when i'm not so jet lagged!!

hope you are all well!
god bless,

oliveanddaisy xx

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of your new hobby, "People watching". I often do that when I am waiting at the station. Trying to discover what people are thinking. I often go to negative assumptions, such as "That person must be worried about money", or "That person is angry with their parents".

    I need to learn to think positive. Because most people must be innately happy, don't you think?

    Sorry for the long comment, but really good post.

    Can't wait to hear about the stories!

    ReplyDelete